Swanline Group has always strived towards an eco-friendly ethos and subsidiary, Swanline Paper and Board, has committed to a completely plastic free portfolio of materials including our Cygnus ® material range. Our dedication to offer sustainable solutions that can replace single use plastic-based packaging and POS materials, is a passion that runs throughout Swanline Group.
We are continually implementing new initiatives at our HQ, in Stone, Staffordshire, that further support our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint. At Swanline we believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable and corporately responsible manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our health, safety and environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy.
It is our priority to encourage customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only does this make sound commercial sense for all, it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Due to this, Swanline has recently signed up to business for nature, to call on governments to work together to create a positive policy feedback-loop that levels the playing field and encourages further business action. Business for Nature is a global coalition bringing together influential organisations and forward-thinking businesses. Together, we will demonstrate business action and amplify a powerful business voice calling for governments to reverse nature loss.
Sustainability initiatives that Swanline has implemented at HQ include:
- Plastic free – Swanline Paper & Board has a plastic free portfolio of materials.
- Using solar panels – we have solar panels on our factories therefore reducing our carbon footprint.
- Carbon credits – due to our stake in CorrBoard Bioenergy, we are in the process of receiving carbon credits for the excess energy supplied back to the National Grid. These credits will then be used at Swanline HQ, allowing us to further reduce our carbon footprint.
- On-site compactors – all production waste is recycled using one of our three offcut trim on-site compactors and we recycle 1200 tonnes per year.
- Inks – where possible we use water and vegetable-based inks, which can be recycled and have zero impact on the environment.
- FSC® certification – we are able to supply materials, packaging and POS as FSC certified products at no additional cost. FSC certification provides complete assurance that the certified products are sourced from sustainably managed forests.
- Circular Economy – teaming up with Mercorr, Swanline creates packaging and POS using corrugated board that is carbon neutral in its manufacture, creating true circularity.
Swanline are committed to innovation in sustainability, and will continually invest in reducing our environmental impact.